Website Trader Interactive - Commercial Web Services
Associate Data Collection Engineer
The Commercial Web Services Development Group has an immediate need for an Associate Data Collection Engineer.
Why You Should Join the Commercial Web Services Group
Our Commercial Web Services group builds a suite of web-enabled products that support heavy equipment, agriculture, and trucking industries. We build APIs, mobile apps, websites, data loading process, among many other products. The tech we use is best-of-breed open source and expected to run at a large-scale enterprise level in the cloud.
Our office is located 25 minutes away from the resort area of Virginia Beach in downtown Norfolk. We value our technical talent, allowing our staff to work remotely once a week, and generously invest in training our engineers to make sure they keep their skills up-to-date. Join our team to help keep North America’s economic motor running!
- Develop and maintain robust ETL processes, web applications, and APIs.
- Design and develop automated data acquisition processes.
- Collaborate with engineers, QA analysts, product developers, and project managers as part of a Scrum team involved in every aspect of the product development cycle.
- Document systems, procedures, and processes relevant to our suite of applications.
- Design data models for both relational database and nonrelational databases.
- Communicate effectively and regularly through the use of available project management tools.
- B.S. in Computer Science/related field of study or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of software development experience.
- Experience with Java in coursework or personal work.
- Experience with version control, especially using Git.
- Experience with MySQL and MongoDB.
- Self-motivated and willing to learn.
These will get you an interview quickly
- Available portfolio of code you’ve written — on GitHub, BitBucket, or somewhere similar.
- Experience with Kapow.
- Experience with WordPress or similar CMS-driven web applications.
- Experience developing cloud-based applications.
- Experience architecting new websites or web applications.
About Trader Interactive
Trader Interactive is the leading online classifieds marketplace and marketing software solutions provider to commercial and recreational dealers. Its mission of bringing buyers and sellers together remains the core of its businesses. Trader Interactive is committed to providing innovative products to ensure that customers generate leads, drive sales and maximize profits. Its B2C brands consist of Cycle Trader, RV Trader, ATV Trader, PWC Trader, Snowmobile Trader, and Aero Trader, producing over 7 million unique visitors monthly. Additionally, its industry leading B2B brands consist of Commercial Truck Trader, Commercial Web Services, Equipment Trader, RV Web Services and focus on supporting its dealers and manufacturers with driving impressive results as top of mind. Trader Interactive has 10 businesses and approximately 300 employees with its home office located in Norfolk, VA. We offer a dynamic environment, excellent growth opportunities, competitive earnings and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous 401(k). Trader Interactive is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. Trader Interactive is a drug-testing employer.