Website Trader Interactive - Commercial
Director of Search Engine Optimization
Trader Interactive needs a Director of SEO!
CommercialTruckTrader, EquipmentTrader, and our other Commercial properties need the expertise of an SEO veteran with deep knowledge and understanding of the challenges of a listings platform. With millions of unique visitors and tens of millions of visits every month, we rely heavily on organic search ranking to produce results for our dealers. This role will have a seat at our senior managers’ table, helping direct the course of our business from the SEO point of view. You will be a part of our product sessions, making sure new development is indexable, and aligns with a content strategy. You will help forge our evolving content plans and launch new sites. Being able to digest data and derive insights from not just Google Analytics, but other sources like Adobe Omniture are a must.
CommercialTruckTrader’s and EquipmentTrader’s visitors are searching for the next truck or piece of equipment to keep their business or project operational. We are an integral piece to the smooth operation of small and large businesses across the United States, including numerous large OEMs. Joining our team will mean partnering with a group of elite developers focused on continuous innovation in all of our industries and driving North America’s economy. We have been growing fast and are poised to accelerate – join us now and help transform an industry!
We are located in downtown Norfolk, VA; a short walk away from The Main and The Market, and only a quick 20 minute drive from the Virginia Beach resort oceanfront area, the 4th fastest growing city for millennials.
We have fun and we work hard. If you think you have the chops to join an elite group, review the bullet points below and apply. You will be asked to complete an exercise as part of the interview process.
- Experience with search engine optimization on a listings site, the larger the better.
- A track record of successful SEO.
- Ability to digest analytics from a variety of sources, derive insights, and formulate plans based upon that input.
- Clear, concise presentation of data and concepts.
- Working closely with software development managers, engineers, and product owners.
- Comfortable helping set strategy and course for a fast-growing business.
- Expert in use of Google Analytics, Trends, Webmaster Tools.
- Expert in use of SEMRush, SpyFu, Conductor Searchlight or similar SEO tools
- Review Accessibility and Indexability of sites, including :
- Full site crawl
- Site errors (404s, 500s, 301s)
- XML Sitemap errors and opportunities
- Robots.txt errors
- URL review and best practices
- Site latency and page speed
- Faceted navigation
- Page sorts
- Internationalization (hreflang tags, geo-targeting, etc., if applicable)
- Duplication issues (parameters, search pages, cross-category duplication, etc.)
- Canonicalization (proper canonical URL management)
- Mobile site review (annotations, indexation, etc.)
- Schema.org opportunities.
- Review Site Architecture and Internal Linking, including :
- Amount of internal links on a page
- Internal linking opportunities (HTML sitemap, related linking modules, etc.)
- Internal linking hierarchy
- Navigational linking (top navigation, footer navigation, breadcrumb linking, etc.)
- Navigational taxonomy
- Navigational naming conventions
- Footer links
- Anchor text
- Broken links
- Build site content strategy, optimization, & opportunities for development.
- Identifying & reporting on SEO KPIs week to week.
About Trader Interactive
Trader Interactive is the leading online classifieds marketplace and marketing software solutions provider to commercial and recreational dealers. Its mission of bringing buyers and sellers together remains the core of its businesses. Trader Interactive is committed to providing innovative products to ensure that customers generate leads, drive sales and maximize profits. Its B2C brands consist of Cycle Trader, RV Trader, ATV Trader, PWC Trader, Snowmobile Trader, and Aero Trader, producing over 7 million unique visitors monthly. Additionally, its industry leading B2B brands consist of Commercial Truck Trader, Commercial Web Services, Equipment Trader, RV Web Services and focus on supporting its dealers and manufacturers with driving impressive results as top of mind. Trader Interactive has 10 businesses and approximately 300 employees with its home office located in Norfolk, VA. We offer a dynamic environment, excellent growth opportunities, competitive earnings and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous 401(k). Trader Interactive is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. Trader Interactive is a drug-testing employer.