Website Trader Interactive - RV Web Services
RV Web Services Experienced Web Engineer
RV Web Services is a division of Dominion Enterprises, a leading online marketing and software services company offering client solutions across multiple targeted business verticals. RV Web Services is an innovative website development tool that helps RV dealers create and maintain industry leading websites. This tool allows dealerships to maintain a unique website that showcases custom graphics and superior content to help them stand out from competitors. Dealers receive advanced showroom and inventory listings and a complete content management system that provides control over all areas of their site. In addition, dealers can take advantage of integrated e-commerce options, website marketing tools, newsletter services, and a highly trained customer support team. For more information visit: www.RVWebServices.com .
Consider Your Opportunity:
Trader Interactive RV Web Services is looking for a Senior Web Developer/Web Services Engineer. Our office is located 25 minutes away from the resort area of Virginia Beach in downtown Norfolk. We value our technical talent, allowing our staff to work remotely once a week, and generously invest in training our engineers to make sure they keep their skills up-to-date.
Trader Interactives’ RV Web Services group builds a suite of web-enabled products that support the RV industry. We build APIs, mobile apps, websites, data loading process, among many other products. The tech we use is best-of-breed open source and expected to run at a large-scale enterprise level in the cloud. As an Experienced Web Engineer, you will be expected to construct APIs, create data collections, extend an existing WordPress application, and build on an open- source cloud architecture.
As a Senior Web Developer/Web Services Engineer, you will:
- Contribute to the design and architecture of our applications to enable secure, scalable, and maintainable software.
- Collaborate with engineers, QA analysts,Opportunity Alert! product developers, and project managers as part of a Scrum team involved in every aspect of the product development cycle.
- Develop and maintain robust web applications and APIs using PHP and Node.js.
- Review code, offer feedback, and provide guidance to enforce best practices and quality standards.
- Document systems, procedures, and processes relevant to our suite of applications.
- Design data models for both relational database and nonrelational databases.
- Communicate effectively and regularly through the use of available project management tools.
- Contribute Your Knowledge, Skills and Abilities.
- B.S. in Computer Science/related field of study or equivalent experience;
- 3 years of software development experience;
- Demonstrated experience with OOP and Design Patterns;
- Experience with PHP and popular PHP frameworks (Laravel, Zend, Slim, etc.);
- Proficiency in writing unit and functional tests;
- Proficiency in managing and configuring applications in a LAMP solution stack;
- Experience developing and integrating with web-based APIs;
- Experience with version control in a team environment, especially using Git;
- Familiarity with search software;
- Experience with relational databases;
- Familiarity with messaging solutions, especially RabbitMQ;
- Understanding of agile software development processes;
- Knowledge of responsive web UI design and development.
- Available portfolio of code you’ve written — on GitHub, BitBucket, or somewhere similar.
- Experience writing APIs for mobile or cloud applications.
- Experience with WordPress or similar CMS-driven web applications.
- Experience architecting new websites or web applications.
- Experience with Memcache or Redis, Apache or NGiNX, Oracle or MySQL, and Solr.
- Practical team experience in an Agile environment.
About Trader Interactive
Trader Interactive is the leading online classifieds marketplace and marketing software solutions provider to commercial and recreational dealers. Its mission of bringing buyers and sellers together remains the core of its businesses. Trader Interactive is committed to providing innovative products to ensure that customers generate leads, drive sales and maximize profits. Its B2C brands consist of Cycle Trader, RV Trader, ATV Trader, PWC Trader, Snowmobile Trader, and Aero Trader, producing over 7 million unique visitors monthly. Additionally, its industry leading B2B brands consist of Commercial Truck Trader, Commercial Web Services, Equipment Trader, RV Web Services and focus on supporting its dealers and manufacturers with driving impressive results as top of mind. Trader Interactive has 10 businesses and approximately 300 employees with its home office located in Norfolk, VA. We offer a dynamic environment, excellent growth opportunities, competitive earnings and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous 401(k). Trader Interactive is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. Trader Interactive is a drug-testing employer.