Website Trader Interactive - Recreational
Senior Web Developer
Cycle Trader.com is made up of a unique portfolio of premier power sport buying and selling sites. These include: Cycle Trader, ATV Trader, PWC Trader, and Snowmobile Trader. With its wide variety of products, Cycle Trader provides a comprehensive advertising solution for all businesses serving the power sports industry. With a staggering 450,000 units for sale and 2 million visitors every month, Cycle Trader reaches more active buyers than any other source. Private sellers are able to take advantage of the site’s free basic listings in order to sell their bike online. The site also provides many helpful resources to visitors including: research tools, industry news, financial resources, readily-available customer service teams and more.
Senior Web Developer | Norfolk, VA | Our 20th floor devoted to employee training and conferences | Provide technical leadership in the design, development, and testing of websites and web-based applications using PHP, Oracle DBMS, JS, SOLR, and other technologies | Join Us. Achieve. Be Recognized.
Consider Your Opportunity
- Provide technical leadership in the design, development, and testing of websites and web-based applications using PHP, Oracle DBMS, JS, SOLR, and other technologies
- Create dealer management tools, eCommerce platforms, search engines, and other enterprise level products used by millions of visitors every year
- Perform with great pride and attention to detail on behalf of our many established brands who expect and deserve the highest level of quality in the user interface that is both lightening FAST and efficient
- Contribute Your Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Success of eight years plus with server-side scripting architectures to include PHP, NodeJS, Ruby as preferred, but .NET will be considered
- Expertise of five years plus:
- Open Source technologies like PHP, Solr, Apache/Nginx, MySQL, Mongo, Memcached/Redis, etc
- Consuming and constructing APIs, RESTful and SOAP based
- Github, SVN, or similar software versioning system
- Data modeling in NoSQL and Relational databases
- Experience with cloud architectures and automation with tools like AWS and Chef; Adobe and/or Google Analytics a plus; working in an
- Agile environment; anticipating points of failure and reinforcing each; critically diagnosing issues with scale and addressing each
- Expert in identifying which design patterns to apply to which engineering challenges: MVC, Facade, Singleton, etc
- Comfortable and capable of performing code reviews and coaching junior members to improve their skills
- Understands the balance between delivering product and perfect engineering
- Personal strengths and business competencies that include a desire and ability to quickly learn about new technologies; mentor colleagues; peer relationships; drive for results; problem solving; decision quality; present persuasively; build effective working relationships with software and product developers; integrity and trust.
About Trader Interactive
Trader Interactive is the leading online classifieds marketplace and marketing software solutions provider to commercial and recreational dealers. Its mission of bringing buyers and sellers together remains the core of its businesses. Trader Interactive is committed to providing innovative products to ensure that customers generate leads, drive sales and maximize profits. Its B2C brands consist of Cycle Trader, RV Trader, ATV Trader, PWC Trader, Snowmobile Trader, and Aero Trader, producing over 7 million unique visitors monthly. Additionally, its industry leading B2B brands consist of Commercial Truck Trader, Commercial Web Services, Equipment Trader, RV Web Services and focus on supporting its dealers and manufacturers with driving impressive results as top of mind. Trader Interactive has 10 businesses and approximately 300 employees with its home office located in Norfolk, VA. We offer a dynamic environment, excellent growth opportunities, competitive earnings and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous 401(k). Trader Interactive is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. Trader Interactive is a drug-testing employer.